HEO provides a range of construction services from pre-construction design planning to final inspections and substantial completion. We benchmark our services with tangible milestones.
- PV Solar – Free Appraisal – Based on your history of electric energy use, typically a monthly utility statement, and your specific location site conditions, we can provide a quick analysis for PV system sizing and costs.
- PV Solar System Design – HEO is a registered NABCEP-PVA. Provide electric system design compliant with NEC 2017 code including equipment size specifications for panels, inverter(s), wiring and circuits.
HEO follows design methods set by NABCEP and Solar Energy International’s Solar Electric Handbook. Design starts with site investigations to evaluate existing electric equipment, solar window, shading, angles etc.
- Structural Design – PV Solar systems require a structural construction component. HEO provides mounting frame design for roof mount and ground mount installations, IronRidge or sim. Roof mount systems require assessments of existing roof structure, and any needed modifications to accommodate PV system install. HEO relies heavily on extensive construction experience to evaluate critical structural conditions and components, and can provide AutoCad drawings in support of the work.
- Utility Grid Tie – PV net metering is the simplest and least expensive system type. Most utility companies are proactive and help make the process. Check utility info online. Submit the proposed PV system design for pre-approval. HEO has a deep appreciation for the energy reliability of the electric grid, and aims to comply with their requirements.
- Building Permits – HEO will compile requisite documents, and as necessary coordinate with architects and engineers to process building permit(s) and address comments for approval. In addition to PV system design, the authority having jurisdiction, AHJ, will be looking for zoning site plan, architectural layouts and structural engineering. Required electric permits are typically pulled separately by the electrician.
- Project Planning – Cost – Execution – HEO works on a fee basis determined by scope of work and project scale. As a construction manager, HEO maintains records and provides transparent documentation in establishing quality control procedures. We provide all PV electric equipment specifications & costs, material takeoffs, POs, RFPs, CPM schedule. HEO coordinates critical material purchases and coordinates work with sub-contractors and tradesmen. Typically, invoicing is pass thru from HEO to owner.
- Inspections and Commissioning – HEO coordinates all permits and inspections. Safety is a special concern when working at heights and with electric currents.